✈️ To Singapore

Warning: This is a long post. Proceed with care and patience.

Part one here.

Because our flight were delayed for quite a bit, when we landed, there were couple of ground staff to assist transit passengers whose next leg of flight is about to depart soon, quickly to their respective boarding gates.

Since I’ve got about an hour, I wasn’t considered late. Pfft. Rushed to and through the long security line to get my carry-onssssss re-x-rayed and when I’ve finally cleared, I only had 40 minutes left. At that point, I still didn’t know which gate and which building I’ll be boarding at and, most importantly, I’ve yet to do my prayers. *panic*panic*panic*

After few elevators and train to my get to my gate (oh the hassle), I finally reach the lounge.

For the past few trips, my gate seems to be riiiiiight at the end of the world wing. So if this time I’m boarding from the same gate, they either need to put me on a buggy or put me on the next flight.

This time, I was really, really, lucky. Like seriously. It was the first gate, to the right of the receptionists and to their left was the prayer room.

My heart literally went, ‘Alhamdulillah, Thank you Godddd’ as my leg whooshed to the ladies prayer room.

I literally chopped chopped did my ablution, peacefully did my prayers, played with a little boy accompanying his mother to prayers, chopped chopped put on my skincare again (aircraft’s air is seriously dry. Gave me nosebleed and flaky skin all) and ran past the cafe area, bidding adieu to the pastries that were shouting for me (cried a little inside guys) and ran behind the receptionist area to my gate.

As mentioned above, my gate is right at the front, first on the right. After running past the receptionists, I decided to brisk walk, cause entering the aircraft sweating is just. not. cool.

By then, the flight status was already ‘gate closing’ and the staff at the counter shouted to me from afar, going, ‘SINGAPORE!?’ and gave me hand signal to walk faster.

I was instastory-ing that moment (masih, eh aqilah. sempat sangat. #priorities) and with 4 carry-ons and a phone, and looking for my passport all. at. the. same. time, I couldn’t even raise my hand to signal her a ‘yes’.

So with all that I had, I gave her a soft ‘yes‘ and whatever pace I was walking was the best that I can give her. Hahaha. My carry-ons were really slowing me down. >.<

Since most people have already boarded (nothing new), I had to go down myself and luckily, a staff by the lift kindly helped me call for it (the lift), seeing that my hands were full. Bless that woman.

When I FINALLY stepped in the aircraft, a stewardess helped me with 2 of my carry-ons and despite all that help, my paper bag still banged on other passengers (yes, plural. *hides face*) .

OH.MY.GOD. Such ruckus in the morning.

I really Thank God no passenger made a complaint against me or kick me out of the plane.

Met an old couple on board and one of them gave me a smile and chuckled when he saw me unpacking LeeRoid.

I gave him a ‘You got your wife. I got my LeeRoid,’ smile. Bahahaha.

So yeah. That was probably the busiest transit I’ve ever had in my life. *dramaaa*

The first thing that I did after fastening my seatbelt was switch on the massage chair. GAWD. I SO. NEEDED IT.

Packing. Lack of sleep. Running here and there really took a toll on me.

Was looking for it in the previous aircraft. I guess that aircraft is a newer A380 but one feature that was not available was that. So, I’m just so grateful to be in this older new aircraft.

Ya feel me!?



Never switching this off for the next 7 hours. Bahahahaha.

*7 hours later…


…. and a moment of can you please let me be and allow me to control my TV at my comfort, 😂😂😂 #rebel #controlfreak #controlissues*


I touched down safely.


Poor LeeRoid has had a long day. *criesss*

Shafa once asked me, prior to flying back home, if there’s anyone fetching me.


Then I went on to tell her that when you disappear quite frequently, there’ll come a point in time where no one sends and pick you up anymore. The person who sends and pick you up is the taxi uncle or aunty.

So this happened.












They’re sooo sweet and I’m getting diabetes (choy ah!).

They were off to watch movie after fetching me, without me, worrying that I’d be jetlag and shagged whatnots. Puhlease, me? Jetlag? Jetlag can’t touch me. I’m invincible to jetlag and before they could even whip their ez-link card out or join the taxi queue, I packed both of them in the car that was sending me home.

Three of us finally meeting and ditching me for a movie was part of their plan? Na-ah. Ain’t letting that happen.

So when I finally reached home, salaam and kiss my nenek, meet the new helper all, I went to my room to look for my parcels of clothes which I have been buying for the past one year. Only found 2 boxes of scarves. No clothes. Hmmmm, I’m gonna be doomed but I’m also gonna be okay.

*calms down* open suitcases* panic again*



Luckily these two quickly turned their stylist mode on and helped me put together a decent outfit.


As you can see, I only have shawls and my furry friends with me.

The best part?

My clothes are only coming to me in 3 months time cause I chose freight by sea. #goodluckaqilah

(This post is being published three weeks after. So another two and a half months of goodluck to me.)

After few rounds of ‘yes this is not bad’ and ‘no, I won’t walk beside you if you wear that’, we finally set our foot out of my house with me looking pretty decent.


As you can see, I’m wearing nothing fancy. Haha. All those trouble.

But seriously, without these two, I’d probably end up going out in a long gown and Tat Seng slippers rationalising formal clothes meets super casual footwear, don’t judge me, you ain’t no Tyra Banks, *flipsshawl* and all that shenanigans cause we all know how I’m sooo more than capable of doing stupid things like that, hahaha.

With that, my day ends through 3 cities, with an eighteeeeeen hour flight, a short ‘Hello home, I’ll see you tonight,’ a partially empty train ride (miss this! Say goodbye to London tube.), a trip to the movie theatre and a simple dinner before heading back home to retire for the looooooooong day.


Two of my few other rocks.

I heart you gals many many.


Oh, and, I take back about being invincible to jetlag. 15 hours of uninterrupted deep deep sleep for the next few days proves otherwise. Haha. Oh wells. *shrugs*

Share with me your most longest or most dramatic flight! I’d love to know!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s